The Victorian women’s health sector recommends the development of a comprehensive women’s health policy and action platform for 2015–2019.
1. Development of a statewide sexual and reproductive health strategy that is evidence based and developed through engagement and consultation with key stakeholders;
2. Investment and leadership in the primary prevention of violence against women;
3. Research and action on women in a changing society, specifically the impacts of climate change on the health of Victorian women;
4. Development of a gendered mental health and wellbeing plan;
5. Further investment in the Victorian Women’s Health Program to implement initiatives arising from the actions above.
Victorian women's health services (2015) Priorities for Victorian women's health 2015-2019. Women's Health Association of Victoria. Collingwood, Vic.