Women's Health Victoria's response to the COVID-19 pandemic
Women’s Health Victoria recognises we are in unprecedented times and now more than ever it is important that we can continue our work supporting women and advocating for gender equality.
Women are disproportionately impacted during times of crisis due to financial and economic pressures including loss of income or employment, escalation in family violence, carer burden and working in front line services putting them at greater risk of contracting the virus plus managing higher levels of stress. This is why WHV will continue to work on our long-term goals about gender equality, provide support through our services and engage with our partners and stakeholders.
- Women’s Health Victoria’s priority is in safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our staff, volunteers, program participants and stakeholders.
- WHV will adjust and change our ways of working in order to meet the needs of our service users, partners and stakeholders whilst implementing the advice from our health authorities.
- As of Monday 23rd March, our sites at Bourke Street and Lonsdale Street will be closed and staff will be self-isolating and working remotely.
- All phone lines and emails will operate as normal. If you have any trouble getting in contact, please call our main reception on 03 9664 9300 or email email@example.com .
- Most of our services and programs will continue to operate off site and all meetings and forums will be conducted via teleconference or online platforms.
- Ensuring we can continue to support women with cancer through our Counterpart service is a priority at this time, so too is looking after the health and wellbeing of everyone who uses Counterpart and our volunteers. Therefore we will continue operating a modified service, please check details and updates by visiting the website or contact Counterpart on 1300 781 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are focused on how we can continue to provide Victorians with reliable information about sexual and reproductive health and help connect them with services during this time. 1800 MyOptions will continue to operate as normal, taking calls and answering emails, please check details and updates by visiting the website or contact 1800 My Options on 1800 696 784 or email email@example.com.
- In light of the ongoing public health situation and social distancing measures, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our upcoming workshops that were rescheduled to May and June. Registrations for these workshops are now closed and we are in the process of arranging a full refund to all registrants currently enrolled. We are actively exploring options to transition to an online training delivery and will provide new workshop dates for our popular Masterclass series and other workshops as soon as possible. If you require further information or have inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Health Victoria would like to acknowledge that people in our organisation, community and society are being severely impacted by Covid -19. This is a very challenging and uncertain time and we will all be affected in many different ways. Please take care of yourselves, stay connected where you can and seek out the support you feel most comfortable with, particularly if you are feeling concerned or anxious. At this time, we can all show kindness by reaching out to those around us and in our communities, finding strength together.
This is a rapidly changing situation and we are monitoring guidance from the Victorian Government on a daily basis. We will continue to keep you updated as the situation evolves and appreciate your support and understanding as we all adapt to these difficult times. Take care of yourselves and each other. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
For further Information, updates and advice about the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) including translated information for people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, health professionals and industry, visit the Victorian Government website.