Need 24/7 crisis support, confidential health and medical advice, counselling or consumer health information?
These Victorian helplines, services and websites may be able to assist you.
Please note that Women’s Health Victoria cannot provide health advice or counselling services to individuals.
- Emergency: 000
- Nurse on Call: 1300 606 024 (24 hours)
- See your doctor
Family Violence and Sexual Assault
- Safe steps (24/7 family violence response service): 1800 015 188 (24 hours).
Visit safe steps website
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line (SACL): 1800 806 292 (weeknights 5pm to 9am and throughout weekends)
Visit SACL website
- 1800 RESPECT (sexual assault, family and domestic violence counselling): 1800 737 732 (24 hours) or Chat online
- Family violence services for women Read more
Unplanned Pregnancy, Contraception and Abortion
- 1800 My Options (information about contraception, pregnancy options and sexual health) : 1800 696 784 - Open 10am-4pm Mon to Fri (closed public holidays)
- Unplanned pregnancy Read more
- Abortion services in Victoria Read more
Pregnancy, Birth and Parenting
General Women’s Health
- Women’s Welcome Centre (WWC) – at the Royal Women’s Hospital
(free, confidential, statewide service - general health information, support and referral options)
(women’s health information in a range of languages – interpreters are available)
- Health Information Line: (03) 8345 3037
- Regional / Rural Callers (within Victoria): 1800 442 007
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Women with Cancer
Counterpart 1300 781 500 - Open: Mon, Wed, Thu 10AM – 5PM (Peer Support from 10AM – 2PM)