Women’s Health Victoria strongly supports amending the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 to provide safe access zones to ensure that staff and patients can safely access premises at which abortions are provided.
This submission argues why Victoria needs safe access zones legislation.
This submission also covers:
· Public Health and Wellbeing Amendment (Safe Access Zones) Bill 2015
· Safe Access Zones in other jurisdictions
· Distance encompassed by safe access zones
· Prohibited conduct
· Clarification of the role and jurisdiction of police
· Premises and services protected by the Bill
More information about the Bill can be found here.
Women's Health Victoria (2015) Submission to the Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Committee regarding the Public Health and Wellbing Amendment (Safe Access Zones) Bill 2015. Women's Health Victoria. Melbourne.