Goals and objectives
1. Advocate for policy and programs that reflect gender equity and improve health outcomes of women in Victoria
- Provide timely, evidence based advocacy and advice to ensure that government policy and programs promote gender equity and respond to the needs of women.
- Ensure that the achievements and perspectives of women’s health services are heard by policy makers by providing co-ordination and leadership across the state.
2. Promote a Victorian health service system that is responsive to the needs of all women
- Build capacity of health and human services sector workforce to understand gender and be sensitive to the diverse health needs of women.
- Advocate increasing the availability of accessible, affordable and responsive sexual and reproductive health services across the state.
- Enable Victoria’s health and human service system to be inclusive, responsive and effective in meeting the health needs of all women in Victoria.
3. Sustain and develop the key health focus area of Women and Cancer
- Sustain and grow BreaCan.
- Improve equity of access to BreaCan’s services and programs.
- Review the current BreaCan service to identify opportunities for reaching more women across Victoria.
- Explore the feasibility of applying the peer support model to other cancers experienced by women.
4. Inform, support and empower women
- Develop innovative approaches, tools and projects for promoting health awareness and health literacy.
- Identify new and innovative ways of providing information and support to address priority health needs of women.
5. An influential, sustainable and responsive organisation
- Grow reputation and increase profile and awareness of all WHV services.
- Demonstrate best practice and efficient and effective organisational governance.
- Maintain and grow a positive, skilled and supported organisation.
- Explore opportunities to build the financial sustainability of WHV and diversify funding sources.
For more detail: Women’s Health Victoria Strategic Directions 2015-2018
Content Reviewed: 26 October 2015
Last Updated: 26 October 2015