Women and Food
This workshop will explore the impact of gender on women’s relationship with food.
The workshop will cover:
- Gender as a key determinant of health
- The complex interplay between women’s health, body size, body image and food
- How gender impacts on chronic disease and eating behaviours
- A gendered approach to health promotion in this area
- An introduction to sex-disaggregated health data resources, including the Victorian Women’s Health Atlas
This workshop is designed for professionals working in a range of areas including health promotion, social policy, community development, health and support services, women’s health, community health and local and state government to better plan their services to respond to the particular needs of women.
Join our Events mailing list to be notified about upcoming workshop details.
For other workshop or training enquiries (including customised content),
please Contact Us
Content Reviewed: 22 July 2016
Last Updated: 22 July 2016