What We Do
In addition to strategic health promotion and advocacy work to improve health outcomes for women, we provide a number of direct services.
- BreaCan is a gynaecological and breast cancer support and information service.
- The service provides psychosocial and practical support to women using a unuqie peer-support model.
- BreaCan is located at the Queen Victoria Women’s Centre in Lonsdale Street, Melbourne.
Take A Stand
- Take A Stand is a whole-of-organisation workplace program aimed at the primary prevention of domestic violence.
- The program works with businesses to implement three core elements – lead, train and promote.
- Take A Stand encourages individuals to speak up when they hear or see attitudes or behaviours that support violence against women.
- The Clearinghouse is a collection of current women’s health resources housed at Women’s Health Victoria.
- The service identifies, collects and provides access to published women’s health information.
- The Clearinghouse supports the work of Women’s Health Victoria and assists others to incorporate a gendered approach to health.
- The Index is an online gateway to evidence-based health and wellbeing data on Victorian women.
- The data assists those working in policy development, planning, research and service provision to build a detailed picture of women’s lives.
- The gateway has a breadth of data that extends beyond the traditional biomedical model of health, incorporating over 70 health and wellbeing indicators relevant to the social model of health.
Training and workforce development
- Women’s Health Victoria offers a suite of professional learning workshops and forums covering topics such as Advocacy in health promotion and Applied gender analysis.
Content Reviewed: 2 April 2013
Last Updated: 2 April 2013